Tuesday, May 4, 2010

october 2008


My first real business trip was to an American Library Association conference with Rich. I was terribly nervous, but I soon found out that even high-level comics people are still...comics people. At a particularly memorable ALA conference in Anaheim, most of the graphic novels aisle was engaged in a rubber-band battle of epic proportions. "Ah, I've just lobbed a rubber band at a Dark Horse VP...RELOAD!" Yes, we are children. But if you thought you could get away with this kind of behavior at your job, you would too.

The second one probably doesn't make a lot of sense, I now realize. We were handing out Haruhi Suzumiya slap bracelets at Comic Con(?), and JuYoun wasn't exactly being upfront with the poor children...I can only be funny so much of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment